Tuesday 11 October 2011

LFF 2011: Welcome!



The reason we're all here.


Tomorrow marks the beginning of this year’s long awaited LFF (London Fassbender Festival), and over the next few weeks I’ll be posting my reviews and thoughts from the festival on here as well as via Twitter at @CBatLFF. With a bit of luck, I’ll be able to provide some video content as well, but as I’m a) a time-starved one-man band and b) bumbling and Clouseau-esque this may or may not happen.

I'll do my best to bring you some top notch coverage however - I’m hugely excited to be covering the festival, and I hope to see many of you there or at least hear your thoughts about what looks to be a fascinating slate of films. Over the next couple of weeks you can expect coverage of MARTHA MARCY MAY MARLENE, THE AWAKENING, MISS BALA, 360, WE NEED A POPE, THE KID WITH A BIKE, SHAME, CORIALANUS, INTO THE ABYSS, REBELLION, MICHAEL, THE ARTIST, WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN, ONCE UPON A TIME IN ANATOLIA, A DANGEROUS METHOD, and hopefully many more to be confirmed at a later date. If there are any films you would particularly like to see covered then please let me know – demand for tickets means it’s quite difficult to schedule in advance, but I'll do my best to see as many films as I possibly can, and I'd love to know if you've got a good recommendation.

With all this LFF excitement don’t forget that Cigarette Burns itself will be very active over the festival period, with a number of insanely cool screenings to look forward to. Deep breath…first up is cult LARP-ing action horror THE WILD HUNT, screened at legendary record store Rough Trade East on 14th October. Then on the 22nd October come hail the new flesh with us as we screen the magnificent VIDEODROME at the Rio Cinema, before we round the month off on the 26th October with the Lacerated Lovers Double Bill at The Prince Charles; MY BLOODY VALENTINE and ROSEMARY’S KILLER (aka THE PROWLER) back to back, back on the big screen!



You and me both, buddy. You and me both.

On with the fest!

No comments:

Post a Comment